Tuesday, November 04, 2008

All I Want for Election Day is a Blue Indiana...

Go out and vote, people. If you need to find your polling place, do it here.

Indiana has been a red state for my entire life. It doesn't matter if I vote blue, the most that I have ever been able hope for is that my county turns blue. (Surprisingly, this does happen - which shows that there is intelligent life in Indiana, you just have to work hard to find it.) During the course of the current historic campaign, Indiana was shown as a faint blue at one point. Right now it's a faint red. I'll be staying up tonight to see if this state can actually pull it together and turn blue. For the first time since 1964. In fact, I've allotted my monthly Starbucks money to tomorrow morning because I know I'll be up tonight in breathless anticipation.

It's time for a change, and I hope that my state can sense that sooner, rather than later.

5 comments:

alisa said...

Yay for voting! And I admire your passion for your party ... I may or may not side with the blue, but am so proud to have the right to choose freely!

I can't wait for tonight either ... it's going to be a long night!!

Candace said...

Yes it will be a long night...But I do want it to stay RED!

Farmerspice said...

I thought it was light blue last time I was there?? Good luck. I know we'll be blue...my county will always stay red.

AnnD said...

I so wanted to put in my myspace and facebook staus: "Ann is thrilled to be living in a BLUE state for the first time EVER!" And CNN still had Indiana in YELLOW today so I couldn't and I'm so upset!

Yay for today! It's just the best, best day ever!

zlionsfan said...

I used to live in a blue state once, but I don't remember much about it. Probably because of nap time. And then this McGovern fellow came along, and that was the end of that.

And now blue has come to find me again!