Friday, April 03, 2009

Enamored

The boy hates (HATES) it when I take these pictures of us. You know the ones. When it's just the two of you, and one person (me) holds the camera at arm's length to snap a close up photo. He hates them. I argue (to no avail) that it's the only way to get a picture of the two of us. (You know, since the dogs haven't mastered that whole "using the camera" thing.) Unfortunately, a byproduct of his hatred is that he can't let me take these pictures without making some sort of horrendous face. Seriously. He ruins every one.

So the other night, I had just beaten him in MarioKart. Seeing as how this happens never, I was giddy and wanted a picture. He protested, but I was prepared. What I did was put it on the "sports" setting so that it snapped several pictures in a row with just one push of the button. The result is that I got the one where he made a face, and then a subsequent few where he didn't know the camera was still taking pictures.

I love this one, so I thought I would share. I don't know why I love it. It's not a particularly good picture of either one of us me. But for some reason, it makes me happy every time I see it.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Candace said...

You are both very cute...I love how photos can take you back to a great moment.

AnnD said...

hehehe. There must be something about it that makes you smile...perhaps because it is totally candid and he isn't acting like a goofball....he didn't know it was on so it truly is him, the real him. Next time we're all together and I have my camera, I'll take some of you guys.