Sunday, January 27, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

After leaving Lima Peru at 12:35am, I got home this afternoon at around 2:30pm. Both bags arrived with me, and the trip was as smooth as one can hope for an international flight.

There is NO WAY I can post about this trip yet. I have a chem test on Tuesday, PLUS a post Chem lab write up, an entire different Chem lab, and a pre-lab write up due immediately after my test. I'm assuming that it wasn't very smart to leave all schoolwork at home, but then again, I was on vacation.

Look for updates on Friday. Highlights? Um, my family threw me one hell of a 30th birthday party complete with live music, merengue and salsa dancing, and a DVD to record the entire thing. I took advice from Tyra Banks (thank you ANTM.) I learned that camping sometimes means you poop into a hole in the ground. Climbing up to 4200 meters is the most physically challenging thing I've ever done in my life.

Oh yes, and the world got it absolutely right when they voted Machu Picchu one of the new seven wonders of the world. If that picture wasn't enough to convince you, here's one of my own from a very untalented point and shoot photographer. The site couldn't have been more beautiful.

Oh hell, and here's one of me with a llama. Just for fun :-)

4 comments:

AnnD said...

Ummmmmmmmm...can I say: "Hell yea! Emily's back!" I understand about not writing about the trip just yet. I do want to see more pics but the two you posted were sufficient to soothe my curiousity for the time being. Friday. Pics. Stories. Friday, Friday, Friday! :O)

Rob said...

LOOK OUT EM, there is a big harry lookin monster behind you!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

ems said...

If there was a caption over my head in that picture, it would say "Please don't spit on me. Please don't spit on me. Please don't spit on me..."

The Carrels said...

So I'm just getting on to your blog for the Peru update...I'm so utterly amazed at your trip!