Thursday, February 02, 2012

Words

Note: I'm sorry this is going up late. We had three exams today, so I didn't do anything last night but study.

A couple of statements about this picture.

First: This is how dark it is when I get to school in the mornings. I could probably take a similar picture when I leave.

Second: We recently changed our name from 'Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine' to 'Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine.' This was to eliminate any confusion as we have always been a stand-alone entity, but under the previous name it was easy to think that we fell under another college (such as the College of Agriculture.)

This name change occurred in December. Since then, I've been wondering when they were going to update this sign. It wasn't until this morning, when I took this picture, that I realized that the sign lights up. I now realize the delay. This is going to be an expensive endeavor. My immediate thought is, "Please don't raise my tuition."

1 comment:

zlionsfan said...

Yep. Signs, stationery, web pages (sure, it's just a text change, but is that text in a database somewhere, or is it hard-coded on every page?), merchandise ... it's not a trivial change.