Friday, November 16, 2007

Rockin' the black boots

So, when I was at class last night, I saw a rather, um, statuesque woman wearing the cutest outfit ever. It was a semi-form fitting black dress, sequined pink sash for a belt, knee high black boots, and a cropped denim jacket to complete the ensemble.

She was a larger woman, but she didn't seem to mind in the slightest. And the outfit was awesome.

So I decided to break out the black boots. Why not? Life is too short. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never feel skinny enough to wear the boots....so I'll wear them anyway. They're an instant pick me up. I don't think any man is immune.

And besides - it's Friday night. Friday night is date night. It wouldn't kill me to throw the boyfriend a bone every now and then. (Especially when I can't remember the last time I put on makeup or made any sort of effort with my appearance.)

Now that I'm in the black boots, I can't remember why I waited to wear them in the first place. I'm dead sexy :-)

(Though after about two hours, I now know that those tv dramas that take place in hospitals where the female doctors are wearing the black boots with their lab coats are a load of bull. The boots are okay for a sit down job...or a date. But eight hours on your feet? Come on!)

No comments: