Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas Conversation

..."I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. Underneath the mistletoe last night...."

"This song makes me smile. It's my dad's favorite Christmas song, you know..."

"This song makes me angry. If I were the dad in this song, I would be so pissed."

"WHAT?!"

"I mean, think about it. She's kissing some other guy. IN THEIR HOUSE! It's outrageous. That kid should totally tell his dad."

"..."

"What?"

"Um, you DO know that Santa Claus is actually daddy dressed up as Santa Claus, right? So she's actually kissing her husband. Only the little kid doesn't know that because he believes in Santa?"

"Oh. Well then, that makes MUCH more sense."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have paid cash money to see this conversation in person...the realization on the one person's face. That wasn't your face, was it? :)

ems said...

Nope. Not me. And it was every bit as fabulous as you would imagine it was...

Anonymous said...

I want a NEW POST!!!

ems said...

Okay DEMANDING. Sheesh. No wonder you would hog the garage all to yourself.