Friday, May 23, 2008

Solar Powered

We had a couple of absolutely beautiful days mid-week this week, and I was going to write a post with the title above because I had so much energy and was in such a good mood!!!

And then today came with the rain, and it became even more apparent that I am most definitely solar powered. Rain sucks. Cloudy sucks. Can this day just hurry up and be over, please? Kthxbai.

This morning, I was doing my insubordinate surf-favorite-blogs-instead-of-starting-work-right-away-because-I-may-work-for-you-but-I-don't-have-to-be-happy-to-be-here thing (which only happens on days like today...promise!) and I found this post from one of my favorite bloggers. Um, that may be fundamentally her, but it's also an almost spot on perfect description of me. And since she said it better than I ever could, I'll just link to her blog and do the internet equivalent of "Yeah. What she said."

This weekend looks to be decent weather, and I'm so glad. I'm pretty against taking the dogs to daycare during the summer when I am perfectly capable of going on walks with them and wearing them out for free. However, this does require less sleeping and a general exercise of that "willpower" thing that, to be honest, has been pretty MIA lately. When it rains my plans are foiled (though I will admit that I enjoy the extra sleep in the mornings) and the dogs are nutso in the evening. So my grand aspirations for this long weekend are A) hike with the dogs, B) begin packing for the big move and C) go see Emily's most anticipated movie of the summer.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and it's as relaxing as I hope mine is.

No comments: