Friday, February 13, 2009

It's VD time again.

My dislike for VD is already documented, so I won't bore you with it again. This year the boy did make reservations at a nice restaurant... that I then asked him to cancel so that we could stay in and cook dinner together. (Or rather, so he could grill me a steak. Yum.) I am so very romantic. He then said that he was getting me flowers. I asked him to save his money. When he protested, I suggested spending his money on something that I won't kill within a week....like, say...a Starbucks giftcard.

I plan to study much of the afternoon before dinner, and when I mentioned this to my very patient and understanding secret physics weapon, he hesitated for just a second. Um, Saturday? It wasn't until later in the conversation that I remembered what day it was. Right. Suck it Hallmark. I am immune to your pressures. I'll get my romance another day.

But I so want to send out a card with this picture (of this pathetic, pathetic face) that says, "Will you please be my Valentine?"

I didn't even have to beat him to get this expression. All I had to do was scratch his ears for about a minute and a half, and then get up to take a picture. I think his expression is more, "Hey! Where are you going? That felt so good! Why are you leaving?" than "My life is so horrible. I'm so sad."

But it works for either one, no?

1 comment:

Candace said...

I was not thinking Valentines day when you wrote "It's VD time again" ! I guess that tells you my feelings on this made up holiday.